what is going on! My temp is higher then ever for waking temps. I started Provera after the BFN, because I guess even an ectopic would have given a BFP. Or I hope so. Maybe I am coming down with something, and that is why temps are high? Maybe I have an ear infection again?
Skylr and I took a road trip after working yesterday. Went almost 2 hours into PA, and it was kind of nice. We actually talked about a lot. And resolved a lot. I told him, that if we are going to move forward, then we have to move forward. I can't get hopeful, and then a month or two later, hear that some other "thing" is preventing planning. Infertility is hard enough without the yo-yo effect.
So, the plan is to move forward. I am going to send him some IVF links, so that he can read exactly what it is we are going to have to go through. And we will probably find a doctor with a free consultation, and schedule one. I told Skylr, it's not like they poke you with a needle and BAM, your pregnant. There are tests, there is BW, there are drugs, there is sedation......it's a long process. It's also not intimate. It's not like we can go to bed, light some candles, play some "mood music" and a few weeks later, I am pregnant. In our case (and a lot of other people's) it is going to take a whole team of people to make us parents. I told him, there is going to be more people poking me and looking at my hoo-ha, then all the men that have been in my life romantically.
We talked about shared risk, and we talked about clinical trials. We figured that there are some places that charge around $5,000.00-$6,000.00 for one cycle. We should do one first. Then possibly go into shared risk. But we need to look into that as well, since some places only do shared risk starting with your first cycle.
I also expressed that, it's not just me. He needs to be taking vitamins and avoiding certain things too. No more excess coffee, no more excess soda. After all, if it were just my egg that could make a baby, why would we need a man??? Nope, it doesn't work that way, you need sperm too. And they need to be healthy, swimming and abundant.
So, we will see. I know for certain, that none of this is going to be easy.
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment